Who doesn’t love a 2 for 1 deal? Well, this Sharp Cheddar and Muenster Cheese Spread recipe delivers that…and more. And, with the Super Bowl right around the corner, this will be a perfect fit for your game time appetizers.
You can serve this cheese spread either Hot or Cold. You’ll be surprised that each way has an entirely different flavor, look and appeal. I just served this at my January bunco party, and no one could tell that these two came from the same batch of ingredients.
I’m not quite sure which way I like better, but based on what was left on the platter at the party, my guests preferred the Hot version.
Would love to hear from you which one you prefer!!
- 4 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups (1 lb.) shredded sharp Cheddar Cheese
- 4 cups (1 lb.) shredded Muenster cheese
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Frank’s Hot Sauce
- ¼ t cayenne pepper
- Optional: ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- Optional: ½ cup finely chopped chives
- Assorted Crackers and Apple Slices
- In a large bowl, mix cream cheese, Cheddar, Muenster, Dijon, garlic, onion, Frank’s Hot Sauce and cayenne. Place half of the cheese mixture in a 3 cup serving bowl and sprinkle on half the parsley and chives. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place remaining cheese mixture in a small oven-proof baking dish; stir in remaining parsley and chives. (You can see by my picture, I didn’t do this. It’s good with or without.)
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Heat cheese mixture in baking dish about 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Cheeses can be made up to 2 days ahead of time.