- White Rice Flour: The primary component of your mix is white rice flour, which serves as the base. This flour is widely available in most grocery stores and is a staple in gluten-free baking.
- Tapioca Starch (Tapioca Flour): The second ingredient is tapioca starch, which adds a light, airy texture to your baked goods. It’s also readily available in stores specializing in gluten-free products.
- Gather Your Ingredients:
- Measure the white rice flour and tapioca starch. The ratio is typically 3:2, meaning three parts of white rice flour to two parts of tapioca starch. You can adjust the quantity as needed, but this ratio works well for most recipes.
- Combine the Flours:
- In a large mixing bowl or a container with a lid, combine the measured white rice flour and tapioca starch.
- Mix Thoroughly:
- Stir or shake the container to thoroughly mix the two flours together. You want an even distribution to ensure your flour blend is consistent for all your recipes.
- Store Your Mix:
- Transfer your two-ingredient gluten-free all-purpose flour mix to an airtight container or a resealable bag for easy storage. Label the container with the contents and the date of mixing.
- Use in Recipes:
- Your two-ingredient gluten-free all-purpose flour mix is now ready for use in a wide range of recipes. You can substitute it in a 1:1 ratio for regular wheat flour in most cases. Be sure to check your specific recipe for any additional adjustments, such as the need for xanthan gum or other binding agents.
This homemade gluten-free flour mix is cost-effective and versatile. You can use it to make a variety of baked goods, including bread, cookies, cakes, and more. By making your own mix, you have control over the ingredients and can enjoy gluten-free cooking and baking with confidence.