For the Cauliflower Pizza Crust:
- 1 small head of cauliflower (about 2 cups when riced)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup low-carb pizza sauce (look for a brand with no added sugars)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Your favorite low-carb pizza toppings (e.g., pepperoni, sliced bell peppers, sliced mushrooms, olives)
- Preheat Your Oven:
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). Place a pizza stone or an upside-down baking sheet in the oven while it preheats.
- Prepare the Cauliflower:
- Wash and dry the cauliflower. Remove the leaves and stem, and then chop it into florets. Use a food processor or a cheese grater to pulse or shred the cauliflower until it resembles rice. You should have about 2 cups of cauliflower rice.
- Microwave the Cauliflower:
- Place the cauliflower rice in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave it for 4-5 minutes or until it’s soft and tender. Allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Prepare the Cauliflower Pizza Crust:
- In a clean kitchen towel or a piece of cheesecloth, squeeze out as much moisture as possible from the microwaved cauliflower. You should be left with a dry, rice-like texture.
- Mix the Crust Ingredients:
- In a mixing bowl, combine the cauliflower rice, shredded mozzarella, grated Parmesan, egg, dried oregano, garlic powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Mix well to form a dough.
- Form the Crust:
- Place the cauliflower dough on a sheet of parchment paper. Using your hands, press the dough into a circle or rectangle, depending on your preference. Keep the crust about 1/4-inch thick.
- Bake the Crust:
- Carefully transfer the parchment paper with the crust onto the preheated pizza stone or baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the crust turns golden brown.
- Add Toppings:
- Remove the cauliflower crust from the oven and spread the low-carb pizza sauce evenly over it. Sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese and your chosen toppings on top.
- Bake Again:
- Return the pizza to the oven and bake for an additional 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly and golden.
- Serve and Enjoy:
- Slice your flourless gluten-free pizza into pieces, and enjoy a delicious, low-carb pizza without the traditional flour crust.
This flourless gluten free pizza offers a tasty alternative for those on keto or low carb diets. It’s a guilt-free way to satisfy your pizza cravings while staying within your dietary restrictions. Feel free to customize the toppings to your liking, and enjoy a slice of pizza without the carbs!